Saturday, October 17, 2009
Alarm Clock
I found something that will wake me up straight out of bed...well almost, the first time it made noise it scared the crap out of me and I hit Jared to make him listen to see if I was hearing things...at the second noise we both jumped out of bed, and I was very very scared at this point. Did I mention it was 4 AM and someone was POUNDING, not knocking but POUNDING on our door. Ok, noone ever ever knocks on our door, especially not unexpected and not at 4 AM. So I make Jared go see who it is while I cower in the bedroom. I look around the corner as Jared answers the door. Luckily it wasn't a psycopath as I had imagined, but it was a poice officer. He asked if there was anything burning in our apartment and Jared said no. Then he explained that there was smoke coming from the apartment across from ours and that we needed to get everyone out of the apt and go downstairs until they find out what was going on. We get dressed, grab Rylee and head down to where everyone else was waiting near the 3 fire trucks and I think half a dozen cop cars. (The spot light on the fire engine works well to light the breezeway that the lights have been out in for over a year...I could actually see going down the stairs :) ) So we stand and watch the firemen break into the apartment across ours...it has been vacant for months!!! I am kinda impressed at how long it took them to get in...made me feel like maybe our door is a little safer than it looks. They finally got in and went searching around...spent a while looking in the closet on the balcony where the water heater is and then I decided I wanted to see if we could reduce the shocked look on Rylee's face by walking around away from the bright lights. When we got back the firemen and police officers were all standing around talking. I asked if we had the all clear to go back up and they said yes. Then I asked what was wrong and they said and "electrical issue" with the water heater. As we walked back into our apartment, the door was open to the apt across ours...and no shock to me...had quite a bit of furniture and stuff just hanging out in there; eventhough it has been vacant a while, the management hasn't cleaned it out at all...that is probably partially why there are bugs in our apartment. Then I was wide awake and only had about a half an hour to my usual wake-up for work time. Luckily Rylee did go back to sleep, but I updated FaceBook and Jared is watching our Gilmore Girls DVDs since we got our cable disconnected to save money. Ok, now I go get ready for work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
wow what a night!!! I would not have been a happy camper!
Post a Comment